While there are many issues to developing a Web site these are the basic steps.
A brochureware site will take around 2 weeks to develop and launch if all the content is available.
An ecommerce site, selling products and/or services, typically takes 2 to 4 months to launch.
- Determine a domain name for the site
- Contract a host for the site. The type of site you have may determine what host you use.
- Gather content for the site (text and images).
- Determine the personality of the organization.
- Determine the design and structure of your site. This is the site's overall look and feel.
- Add content.
- Tweak the design if necessary (minor tweaks only).
- Review, proof, and test every page, every link, and every process on the site.
- Approve the site for launch.
- Optimize the site for Search Engines.
- Launch the site.
What will it cost?